Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm in Big Trouble Now

I'm not allowed on the furniture anymore.
As a free roaming house dog, I've been able to go all over the house since my adoption. Mommy and master have had little restrictions with me, and I've been able to snooze on the couch, on their bed, in the guest bedroom's bed, just about anywhere. Last night this freedom came to an end.

I have various beds throughout the house, and I used these when we have company over, or when I want to protect my toys and treats from anyone. Now, it seems that based on last night's events, I'm going to have to rest on my dog beds and just there, whenever any humans are at home. This includes mommy and master.

Mommy has been sick for the past few days, so I've been keeping her company on the couch, but last night I was under the blanket and mommy wanted to stretch. Since I was in the way, mommy tried to move me by pushing me slowly with her forearm. I didn't like this. Maybe I was scared. Maybe I was being territorial. Maybe I'm just crazy. I started to growl and then out of nowhere I started barking and biting.

Mommy says that fortunately for her I was only grabbing on to the blanket since I was under it and she was not. I know she was scared. I heard her scream and then she got really mad.

Next thing I knew, the blanket was off of me and both mommy and master were commanding me to get off the couch and onto my dog bed.

After this, I heard them talk about me. They said I wasn't allowed on the furniture anymore. Not as long as people are on the furniture.

A few hours later we all went to bed. I usually cuddle with them in the bed for a few minutes, but this time this didn't happened. Every time I jumped on the bed I was told to get off.

I stared at them with my sad puppy eyes, but that trick didn't work. I was never invited up the bed.

Is mommy really mad at me? She fed me breakfast this morning and took me on a long walk as usual. We even chase one another around the house this morning and we were having so much fun. She pet me and kissed me and called me sweet names, but once she sat on the couch I was not allowed to come up.

I don't know if this is how is going to be from now on, but if it is, let me just say this sucks! I'm still sad, and I'm very sorry for the way I reacted. I wish things could go back to the way they used to be and I'm allowed on the furniture again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2013 Good-Dog. Bad-Dog.
Theme by Yusuf Fikri